- To serve in the spirit of Christ as an instrument of God in the healing of persons suffering from leprosy.
- To demonstrate the most effective methods for the control of leprosy, it’s management and the rehabilitation of leprosy patients and other health problems of the community.
- To treat patients affected by leprosy and other health conditions without distinction of caste, creed or colour.
- To provide a centre for the training of medical and paramedical personnel in all disciplines required for the proper management of leprosy and other identified health issues from time to time.
- To carry on research to further knowledge contributing to leprosy and other identified health issues from time to time.
- To undertake any other activities in the interest of persons suffering from leprosy and other issues pertaining to health, gender and environment.
- To manage and administer the institution as a religious and charitable trust – “Schieffelin Institute of Health – Research and Leprosy Centre.”